Homepage for Yongling Sun
Ph.D. candidate in Transportation Technology & Policy
- Lifecycle cost comparison of alternative fuel vehicles
- Buy-down cost estimation of hydrogen fuel cell vehicles
- Learning curves of key components of vehicle powertrain
M.S. Vehicle Engineering, 2001 Tongji University, Shanghai, China
Thesis: Numerical Simulation of External Fluid Field around a Car
B.S. Automotive Engineering, 1998 Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Thesis: Tire's modal Test & Calculation
03/2004 - 12/2004 Engineer, Shanghai General Motors Corporation Ltd.
- Production Purchasing Section, Purchasing Department
- Advanced Engineering proposal, Program Management Department, PATAC
06/1999 - 03/2004 Teaching & research assistant, Tongji University
- Integration of Modeling, Analysis and Optimization based on UG & ANSYS
- Numerical Simulation of External Fluid Field around a car (MS thesis)
- TA: "Practical Automotive English" and "Mechanical Optimization"
- Modeling and analysis of a hydraulic torque converter
- Nanjing NAVECO re-modeling
1. Turrentine, Thomas S., Mark A. Delucchi, Reid R. Heffner, Kenneth S. Kurani, Yongling Sun (2006) Quantifying the benefits of hybrid vehicles. Institute of Transportation Studies, University of California, Davis, Research Report UCD-ITS-RR-06-17.
2. Yongling Sun, Joan M. Ogden, Mark A. Delucchi, "Lifetime cost comparison of alternative fuel vehicles based on AVCEM ", poster presented at the Hydrogen Pathways Program Advisory Board Meeting on July 25, 2006.
3. Yongling Sun, "Thinking Hydrogen Energy", The 2nd International Hydrogen Energy Forum Symposium (Youth HYFORUM 2003)
4. Yongping Hou, Yongling Sun, Zhuoping Yu, "Key Items in Tire Non- Steady State Test", Society of Automotive Engineering, 2002-01-2231, 02ATT-32
5. Yongling Sun, Guangqiang Wu, "Finite Element Analysis of External Flow Field around a car", International Pacific Conference IPC2001T326
5. Dihua Guan, Yongling Sun, "The Use of Modal Synthesis Techniques for Determining Modal Parameters of Tire", Automotive Engineering (China), 2001 VOL.23 NO.3
7. Yongling Sun, Guangqiang Wu, Shuo Xie, "Application of MSC/CFD in External Flow Field around Vehicles", 2000 MSC China Customer Papers Collection, P989 (in Chinese) "Numerical Simulation of the External Flow Field around a Bluff Car" (in English), see also, http://www.mscsoftware.com/support/library/conf/auto00/p02300.pdf